"I Have a Vision... A vision of the greatest church on earth — not because it’s the biggest, but because it’s true, pure, and committed to Christ. It’s the greatest — not because of its buildings, but because of its faith, devotion, and honesty. It’s the greatest — not because of its wealth, but because of its generosity, its giving and sacrifice. It’s the greatest — not because of its weakness in the flesh, but because of its power in the Spirit. It’s the greatest — not because of its sin, but because of its forgiveness."
Pastor Jon Venema
Grace Community Church exists...
to inspire others with the life of Jesus who so inspires us:
We show the influence of Christ by...
Reaching Out to others with the life transforming experience of knowing Jesus Christ;
Raising Up one another in the truth of God’s Word, the Bible, to strengthen our faith in and relationship with Christ;
Reverencing Christ Together with a mutually shared heart for worshipping God on Sunday and each day of the week.
What is most important to us
- Ministry is more important than meetings.
- Every believer is a minister.
- The pastors' role is to disciple the ministers.
- We empower leaders to do ministry.
- Leaders must be growing disciples committed to the ministry and philosophy of our church.
- The role of each church member is to grow and use his/her gifts to further the kingdom of God in our church and our community.
- We care for and disciple our people through "R" groups.
How we do ministry
- Loving Relationships: acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Contemporary Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Small Groups for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families along with strong student, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership
Join with us as we strive together to inspire Christlikeness. The Bible encourages positional members to continue growing by becoming participating members in a specific local assembly. This is why we encourage all who have decided that Grace Community is the place they want to put down roots to officially join through our membership process.
Enter the Land is what we call the vision for our property on South Lovers Lane. Our business office is located on the new property at 2525 S Lovers Lane. We call this our South Campus. Our congregation meets at the current location, 424 N Lovers Lane. We call it our North Campus (catchy, huh?). The vision is to build a multipurpose Ministry Center within the next few years so that everything we do can be on the South Campus. Plans for the future include an amphitheater, soccer fields, and a worship center.