"I have a vision... a vision of the greatest church on earth — not because it’s the biggest, but because it’s true, pure, and committed to Christ. It’s the greatest — not because of its buildings, but because of its faith, devotion, and honesty. It’s the greatest — not because of its wealth, but because of its generosity, its giving and sacrifice. It’s the greatest — not because of its weakness in the flesh, but because of its power in the Spirit. It’s the greatest — not because of its sin, but because of its forgiveness."
- Pastor Jon Venema
We show the influence of Christ by...
Reaching Out to others with the life transforming experience of knowing Jesus Christ;
Raising Up one another in the truth of God’s Word, the Bible, to strengthen our faith in and relationship with Christ;
Reverencing Christ Together with a mutually shared heart for worshipping God on Sunday and each day of the week.
- Ministry is more important than meetings.
- Every believer is a minister.
- The pastors' role is to disciple the ministers.
- We empower leaders to do ministry.
- Leaders must be growing disciples committed to the ministry and philosophy of our church.
- The role of each church member is to grow and use his/her gifts to further the kingdom of God in our church and our community.
- We care for and disciple our people through "R" groups.
How we do ministry:
- Loving Relationships: acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Contemporary Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Small Groups for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families along with strong student, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership